Carol isn’t just full of savvy ideas — she’s a home expert in her own right. As a busy professional, wife, and mother of two, Carol understands the need to have your home be your sanctuary. She’s a communication executive in an industry focused on managing homes and communities and has spent a lifetime collecting ideas on how to manage her own in fun and unique ways.
Thursday February 2, 2012
And they call it puppy love
2 cups fresh raw chicken liver, preferably organic
2 free range eggs
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cups instant quinoa flakes
3 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup dried cranberries or blueberries
1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
1 tsp. dried basil
Filtered water sufficient to make a batter
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Process the liver in a blender or food processor until completely pureed.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and pour in the oil.
- Add the pureed liver.
- Mix in the dry ingredients slowly, stirring continuously so they are thoroughly combined.
Add water gradually until you have a “batter” consistency.
- Pour this batter into a flat 1½ to 2” cake tin.
- Bake at 350˚for 50 minutes.
- Cool in the tin until able to be handled, then gently turn the “cake” out onto a rack and refrigerate to cool completely.
- Use heart-shaped or other cookie cutters to gently press out individual shapes.
What are some of your pet’s favorite treats?